Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yesterday evening I went to see Fuerzabruta at the Roundhouse (after pre-theatre catch up, drinkies and snacks with the Fairy Uncle - thank you!). Umm, well I went expecting a spectacle and that's what I got but for all the exciting, beautiful, striking images within the show; I was still left slightly disappointed by it. The more I think about it the more parts of it I felt didn't work. I wanted more...I'd liken it to a ghost train. Ghost trains are exciting and funny while you're in there but the minute you come out nothing remains with you apart from "oooh, I liked that bit when the cobweb fell on my face"...and another thing, using African chats within upbeat (did I really just say upbeat???) ravey music doesn't work. On anything. Especially women in their pants throwing themselves through water above the audiences’ heads.

No comments: