Monday, July 24, 2006

Lovebox - we braved the on/off rain to see strippers, insect circus museums, Coldcut - who rocked as always but we had to evacuate from the tent midway as it had become a roasting hot sauna, various DJ's (I have no idea who!), fine burgers, hugs from random pill'd up strangers, bumping into boyfs New Zealander relatives, teepee tents (unfortunately occupied by Secret Sundaze - good music but why oh why do all the fashionable wankers end up there?)

Sunday was spent chilling out, playing with the new pocket PC (oooohhhhhing and arrrhhhing at every new thing it does!), walking in Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park and generally being dismayed at my current lack of available friends to play with...


I finish working most weekends by September by which time most of them will be away getting married, moving, planning their around the world trips...the last 6/7 months have been strange. I moved out from living with my 3 best mates, then my dad died and it's been difficult to reconnect with those and other friends. Not to say that they weren't amazing and supportive but that I didn't and couldn't have the same priorities as them while I was 'healing myself'. I assumed that once I was 'better', I would go back to being the same 'me' but the whole process has changed 'me' dramatically - perhaps not on the outside but certainly on the inside. I suppose it's all part of the process of growing up (and as a certain person in my life keeps saying "Boudicca, you are almost 30").

Note to self: must plan well in advance more outings and visits with friends.

No comments: