Friday, March 28, 2003

I'm so tired - I have been doing two weeks of training courses and I spent last night dreaming about our lecture at the Cochrane on Monday going horribly wrong! The chairs weren't there, no techs were about, the lights were all breaking, then my two bosses shouted at each other over my head! I woke up very tired indeed!

Saturday was another day with dad; we did mange to get to the Aztecs this time (might have had something to do with the Stop The War march). Pretty good exhibition, but I think we both enjoyed the Tony Robinson kids commentary a little more than we should have! Tea in St Martins again, which has become one of my new favourite place (absolutely nothing to do with the long hair goth boy that works there, oh no - who by the way spoke to me and I literally couldn't reply more than a squeaky 'yep, uh hu' - duh!). Later we went to Masion Beautx for cake and more tea - lovely, jubley.

Mind you, the tiredness might have something to do with the excessive drinking and partying. Saturday night, Jess and I were going to see Interpol. We started in the house with brandy shots and it got worse. Interpol were fantastic, the bass player had ultimate heaviness (see this link for more info). We then, of course, fancied going clubbing. We ended up at the After Skool party (which nice club as it is, is in a uni bar and will never escape that 'uni bar' feel - that and the toilets have lockers for your games kit in!). We knew when we were beyond drunk when the song that got us up to dance was Justin Timberlake (which I adore but Jessie doesn't!). We drank more, danced more, Jess then left me with some random man and disappeared for a while (I say a while, she actually left me outside for 1hr 20mins...in the cold...not answering her phone....but y'know these things happen!).

We managed to get home and collapse - the major thing is that Jess was meant to be getting a plane at 12.30 the next day from Luton...which of course she didn't make...leading to her feeling very guilty (it was a holiday to see a mate). We ended up instead having curry and watching Don Juan DeMarco - uummmm, lovely day in.

On Monday, we had cocktails at Soma (2 '4' 1 - hurrah, hurrah). But the boss rang me, the taxi driver rang me, I felt overly important and annoyed my friends....

On Tuesday Jess, Damaris and I went to visit our BA (Hons) Arts Management course. They were doing an event at Ocean. Multi-media, so, y'know, some of it was good and some was bad. There was this amazing woman, with black balloons and bizarre electro music - lots of fun. But of course, oh dear, we had got quite drunk and ended up getting the night bus the wrong way down mile end road - duh! But we soon got back and had chips and bed to think about.

On Wednesday Jess, Little Chris and I went to the Cochrane to see The Laramie Project. Nice and depressing...so much so that I wept. So y'know, we had to go out clubbing to cheer ourselves up. Popped into Metro's for a few cheap drinks and to pick up Andy. There was an amazing band playing. Well, an amazing guitarist and bearable band (reminder to self, ask Chris what they were called!). We then went to Candy Box, bumping into Herb on the way, and preceded to get very drunk on cheap whiskey - hurrah, hurrah. Managed to get home, but I was late for work (but only by half an hour).

On Thursday - after the last few days I was feeling bad and majorly run down. So, I made a lovely healthy carrot and ginger soup and went to bed early - good Bou!

Tonight, S&M Chris and I have a plan A and a plan B - either Ballet Boys at South Bank (if we can get stand by tix) or last three episodes of Angel and pizza. Both options involving attractive men!

Tomorrow will involve escaping to Hastings to visit parentage and eat fish and chips!

No comments: