Friday, January 24, 2003

I started this week in style - my temporary tooth filling came out (it has been in there since pre-New York i.e. many months more than it should have been!) I HATE dentists!!! I also did my ankle in, so have been limping in the most pathetic way. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, going to recover at Jan and Lee (the parentage) for the weekend.

I have also discovered a brand new, spanking, exciting band The Faint. I've been majorly 'off' music for a while, what with all the ok bands about but no great bands, I've been bored by the scene, not wanting to go out clubbing to listen to the same tracks each night (even at different clubs they were playing the same middle of the road indie tunes). I had a look at the NME most wanted list for 2003 - I know that they are usually wrong and was looking for which bands would be my 'hates' of the year (see Oasis, Starsailor, Travis, etc). But, bugger me, some of the bands sounded quite good - The Faint being the best - Fisherspooner mixed with Joy Division - oh my god, go listen, they rock!

No comments: