Friday, January 10, 2003

I have the shittest night last night - came home and 'evil', non-cleaning, non-bill paying flatmates surprisingly hadn't cleaned and 'dopey' was sat on the sofa smoking a bong and watching friends (again!). I wanted to watch Buffy but didn't want to disturb him, so I thought 'INTERNET, hurrah!'. Trying to get online but it didn't work, reboot, try again, no luck, reboot, try again, no luck. Fine, fine, I'm ok...then the electricity in the house stops all together!!!

ARRGGGG, 'dopey' keeps trying to put the switch back up, but it just trips out again.

I tell him to stop it, leave a horrible, pissed off message on our letting agents answermachine and go up stairs. I'm thinking "calm down, Boudicca, calm down, ok I'll have a nice, relaxing bath and chill out". Go to bathroom, and no toilet roll!!!!

Temporary loss of mind, slam doors, coat on, slam more doors, out into the cold - literally run to bus stop, go to cinema, buy ticket for 'Spider' and sit down and have a coffee. Still fuming, madly, thinking over and over again "I hate that house, I hate that house!".

Who rings but the 'theatre queen' asking for an update on a project we're working on - get lots of phone kisses and cuddles and "you're in the right, darlings!", cheered up beyond belief!!!

Thought then, do I really need to see 'Spider' now - but in fact the film was so beautiful it cheered me up too!!!

Went home feeling much better, electricity back on, radio comedy blaring from my room - went in to 'S&M' to have an evening catch up (as he's been out loads recently - having a good time goddamn him).

Letting agent rang first thing this morning and their guy is coming out around this afternoon.

No comments: