Sunday, January 12, 2003

Friday night was good fun! Went to an ex-workmates, from Ticketmaster, birthday party. So lots of catching up with old friends, really exciting and finally met Darian in the flesh for the first time in ages - major exchange of xmas and birthday pressies. He gave me the best necklace, lightening strike with diamonds - very, very 'ME'.

On to a bar in east london, The Lane. A person from my degree course has moved the club she works with there. It's not really my sort of music but baby theatre queen was there and Jess was turning up later. Good fun to begin with, I haven't been drinking in a post new year resolution to get healthy so I managed to get horribly drunk on very little. The bar was strange, as the the toilets seemed to be in a hotel next door - all gold leaf and camp. The night finished too early at 11pm, as Jess turned up so we need somewhere else to go. Late licence bar, good chat and more beer. Walked back to Jess' with her and her mate for more alcohol! Hurrah!!! Jess has got her room really nice and cosy, slumped for a while and then night bus home. Wonderfully warm and cosy in bed, walking up the next day I felt awful!!! Major hangover city, no fun at all, major guilt about my giving into beer and wine.

Got up, no fucking toilet roll!!! My flatmates must all die!!! ;-)

Went back to bed and slept till very late - I get up, play on the internet for a while and discover that 8 Mile is previewing at my local cinema - made it out of the house and saw it, Eminem is actually really good in it, surrounded by professional actors he pull it off well. Moody, great landscape shots of the run down Detriot, funny bits, horny bits (sex scene is very realistic - actually, maybe that says too much about my sex life!), moving bits - I like a rollercoaster of a film - I want to be taken on a journey and I was. Highly recomended by me.

Today was darts final and nothing else - not a great game, a little uneven but enjoyable nevertheless.

No comments: