Friday, September 01, 2006

Nicky Wire

I can't even begin to put into words how much this man means to me - he has influenced all that I am, fed into my dreams, my cultural and symbolic understanding of the world, I classify and communicate my experiences via the Manic Street Preachers. To say I am "a fan" is an understatement.

To say he doesn't have flaws would be incorrect but negatively and positively he has influenced me, this man (and the rest of the band) guided me through from my childhood into my now adulthood; I accepted and used his words, images and influences to influence my own life. He didn't know me so it was with a non-judgemental eye I was guided.

“It’s scary to watch someone you love go into the centre of himself and confront his fears; fear of failure, fear of death, fear of going insane. You have to fail a little, die a little, go insane a little to come out the other side” Break My Heart Slowly, Nicky Wire


No comments: