Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's been a busy, busy time...

11th September
Stayed up late, getting drunk with the ladies waiting and waiting for Jess and Matt's wedding broadcast - we found out (at midnight) that they hadn't paid for the broadcast! All that over excitement for nothing...

12th September
Get up horribly early and travel to St Ives. Wonderful views from the window - fields, white horses and seascapes.
Arrive at the B&B - amazing view over one of the many beaches that St Ives has.
Find the nearest ale pub and eat mussel's - yummy!

13th September
After various work phone calls/texts the boyf finally manages to get me to turn my phone off!
Tate visit - not really very inspiring but the cafe and views are nice.
Eat and drink a little too merrily...

14th September
3 jugs of Long Island Ice Tea have taken their toll on my body. Feel awful and sleep on the beach while boyf makes sand sharks. I wake with a painful strip on sunburn on the small of my back.
Eat at the St Andrew Bistro - I manage 2 starters and a pudding. The art on the walls is interesting but the food is too expensive for what it is...

15th September
Rather rough boat trip to seal island, boyf goes a lovely green colour. I'm rough too but I adore being on the sea!
Go to a pub for a Cornish night and a Cornish Seafood Platter. I manage to find the only gay in the village behind the bar, boyf is impressed. Cornish Platter is...good god...I'm lost for words...amazing...wonderful...yummy.

16th September
Swimming in the cold sea. I laugh out loud, full of joy and mouthfuls of seawater. Truly relaxed and happy for the first time in months.
Last min gift shopping - try not to eat too much of the Cornish cream fudge myself!

17th September
Journey home is nightmarish - 8 hours due to a fire near the tracks outside Reading. London transport hectic but still chilled from holiday and still feel happy and full of energy.

18th September
Chilled out day before I go back to work.
Get creative.
Have Hels around for coffee and then go back to the ladies for yummy fish pie.
Catch up with the newly weds, look at photos, hear stories from Burning Man and Las Vegas.

19th September
Back to work!

20th September
Get some nail extensions put on and immediately turn into a lady!
Wicked at the Apollo Victoria with Richie-roo. Catch up with him and his San Fran/Las Vegas visit. I can say without hesitation that Wicked is the most wonderful musical that I have ever seen - laugh out loud funny, great voices, great set, great costumes, great flying monkeys!

I'm keeping a picture of the view from our B&B on my desk so I can gaze at it during the day.

No comments: