Saturday, June 24, 2006

I've been blogtagged by Jessie

Here are my 8 “interesting” things about myself.

8. I have a filthy temper, but I now am ok at repressing it (generally).

7. I self-published my first book of poetry at the age of 8 (I still dream of writing poems, plays and novels - but never really get around to it!).

6. When I'm nervous I bite and/or touch my lower lip.

5. I have met a number of celebrities:

a) The Beautiful South and Eddi Reader in the same evening at a Womad - Paul Heaton said some very rude things that I didn't 'get' at the time but as I've grown up I have realised they totally inapproaiate to say to an 9 year old girl. Eddi Reader was lovely and spent ages with me and my brother telling us silly jokes and doing impressions of other pop stars.

b) I've met all the Manic Street Preachers (a couple of times). Richie was really lovely and spent ages chatting with me and a friend about all the bands, music, writers we were into. Nicky was a bit of a twat but kept my brother entertained for ages - Nicky still owes my brother his pink sparkly shirt!

c) Neil from The Divine Comedy once actually asked me "do you know who I am?" I replied "yes I do and I'm never going to buy one of your records again" - TWAT!

d) I worked at a nightclub and I was in the toilet backstage once and Brian from Placebo started banging on the door and swearing at me - I came out in a right mood - it turned out that he thought his bass player in there. (for information - I'm 5' 8" and pretty big, Brian is 4" and legally classed as a dwarf, he was shit scared)

e) I once had the chance to meet David Bowie backstage but I had to walk past him instead - I could bearly breathe let alone talk...

f) Lauren Laverne is lovely but is very boring on stage.

4. As I grow older I become more interested in things like murder mystery novels, board (bored?) games, visiting museums, taking an interest in flowers, etc...I'm 29 going on 80 plus. It worries me...

3. I love to cook almost as much as I like to eat.

2. I verge on OCD constantly, in everything I do.

1. My name really is Boudicca, my mother named me after looking out of the window of the hospital were I was born over the Thames after I was born and saw the statue and it stuck. I've grown into my name over the years - I am a warrior queen through and through.

"She was huge of frame, terrifying of aspect, and with a harsh voice. A great mass of bright red hair fell to her knees: she wore a twisted torc, and a tunic of many colours, over which was a thick mantle, fastened by a brooch. Now she grasped a spear, to strike fear into all who watched her." Dio Cassius

I've realised that I lurk on lots of people's blogs but don't make contact with a lot of them - so I have no one to tag that hasn't already been done by my extend linkage...if there are any lurkers out there, you're welcome to accept a blogtag from me!

No comments: