Thursday, May 25, 2006

So I went to the doctors on Friday and told him that I felt that I was still getting side effects (agitation, dry mouth, sleeplessness, headaches, dizziness, sweating, etc) from the fluoxetine. He told me it was actually because I needed a higher dose...I thought, what the fuck he might be right, I'll try anything to stop feeling this way. Unfortunately he hadn't read my notes and gave me 30mgs of paroxetine instead. It is a similar drug but I had a huge reaction against this a few months ago when I only took 3 x 20mgs (which I liken to coming up on an ecstasy tablet for ooohhhh 24hrs and then a major withdrawal crash for the next two days when I wasn't taking it). However, I didn't notice his mistake until it was pointed out to me by boyf this morning. That explains the last couple of days severe manicness, depression, dry mouth, vomiting, dizziness, agitation, headache, muscle contractions and excess sweating, etc!

Went to the doctor in a rage this morning only to be kept waiting for 1hr 30mins all the while the agitation increasing! He did admit his mistake and now suggests that I fact I was right and the side effects were happening while I was taking fluoxetine (on a smaller scale than the last few days!). So no more tablets for me and fingers crossed the withdrawal won't be as bad as last time. Additionally I have a big old sign on my medical record saying "Severe allergic reaction to fluoxetine, paroxetine and all other medicines in this family".

No comments: