Friday, May 19, 2006

Last night I didn't get to sleep until well past 3am - unable to stay still in bed, I went to the front room and listened to the commentary on the Mighty Boosh box set on 3 episodes which resulted in very strange dreams (mainly involving the lovely Howard Moon and some jazz free forming - there's still a wry smile on my lips today…). I woke up at 6am and got into bed with boyf who then woke me up in the morning by putting a note by my head saying that he didn't wake me up because I like to sleep!

Thoughts recently have been about getting a tattoo in memory to my dad - another dream last night involved a beautiful, sparkling, moving tattoo on my right hand shoulder and arm made up of flowers, ants, insects, whirling dervishes, books, album covers and various animals. Not sure if I’m going to be able to recreate that but I’m going to bloody try!

I also dreamt that Jan bought a 15 bedroom house in Hastings for £400K (it needed quite a bit of work but she was really looking forward to it). The dream was so real that I’ve just had to call Iain at the house and double check that it really was a dream!

Although I had very little sleep, I do feel better. I had the chance to think a few things through (I say a few things – those of you who know me or read this blog regularly know that I’ve had more than a few things on my mind!). It would have been my dad’s birthday at the end of May; the beginning of June marks the 6th month point after his death. While he was dying, I promised him a few things and it’s time to start to pull myself together and get started on them.

I had a very enjoyable few days in Brighton at Streets of Brighton which I’ll update on shortly as I saw loads of great shows. Also went to see Les Ballets C de la B last night (a heavily sex and death themed event!). I bought tickets to go and see James Dean Bradfield (him of MSP fame) do a solo show on Wednesday at the Barfly in Camden – very over-excited already.

I’m taking a week off work during the following week – which I’m really looking forward to. I keep thinking that I’d like to book myself in for a massage and a bit of a pamper somewhere and truly relax.

p.s. I'm also so bloody broody that I've named my children - a boy called Kellen (meaning mighty warrior, strong-willed) and a little girl called Shayla (meaning "from the fairy palace"). I'm sure that boyf won't mind...

No comments: