Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Seeing shows

On Saturday, I went to see 'Daredevas' by Akademi at the Purcell Rooms. Really enjoyable, a presentation of solos and duets inspired by Indian dance styles with a very British (or Finnish!) take. Enjoyable on many levels - noisy, beautiful, silent, fun, exciting, wonderful...

However, the night was topped off by a child who kept asking "what's she doing?" "why's she doing that?". Literally giving a voice to the audiences inner child!

Last night, I went to see 'Zarathustra Variations'by Compagnie Ariadone/Carlotta Ikeada at The Place - it was very strange but I'm still thinking about images from it this morning. Pretty intense parts where I felt really uncomfortable but other moments where I was laughing out loud. Butoh inspired and it made me want to search and find out more about the tradition.

No comments: