Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Disclaimer:

A few people have mentioned to me recently that my blog has a bit of dark, miserablist edge.

Point One: I am a dark and miserable person at times and therefore my blog reflects that. I like things with a dark edge - depressing music, meaningful poetry, black humour, angsty song lyrics, miserable novels with horrible endings, scary art, odd performance artists, violent video games and being y'know generally deviant in oh so many ways. I also don't take it too seriously (I was always a bit of a rubbish goth because I thought it was funny...). I embrace my darkness but also my lightness.
Point Two: it's been a fucking awful year what with my dad dying. I have been truly depressed but I'm on the mend.
Point Three: I have a great boyfriend who I adore and who worships the ground I walk on but as he's requested some privacy on this site I don't write about him too often.
Point Four: My friends totally rock and although I have found connecting with people hard over this last year, and have discussed those feelings here, I have had some damn happy times with them and am planning to have a whole lot more in the future.

I hope that clears things up for those of you who are, or have been concerned. There are happy things in my life and I'm OK, really, I am...

No comments: