Friday, August 15, 2003

Bosses both away for one day (not even one day...) and I'm bored, bored I tell you! There are things that I could be getting on with but who at this time of the working week wants a phone call from me asking for data, money, photos etc from them (what a wonderful insight to my working life).

Stayed in last night with Richie - drinking wine, eating crisps for dinner and watching Chicago from the local video store. Jess came home and we drank fizzy wine (a classier version of what me and my clubbing mates used to call 'Bingo Pop', as Emma got it from her Nana, who won it from the local bingo in Heaton in Newcastle!!!). We all rang Lornie as she has gone to V2003 to work on the old vodka jelly bar...we're all missing her loads already.

Booked tickets for Three Sisters at the National for next week (yay, Jan-Jan (mummy) is up for a meeting so we're going out and having fun - well if you can call Chekhov fun!). I also have a "date" pencilled in for Tuesday which I'm dreading already - good god, my stomach turned just thinking about it!

Monday will be the worst though - going to visit a friend that is being held in a mental ward. She's been sectioned for 6 mths. Now, I've always know that she has problems in that area but this will be the first time that I'll be visiting her when she's "off on one" - not the first time that I have been to a place like that but I remember very clearly not liking it the first time (just left home at 16, living in squat like circumstances, taking too many drugs, drinking too much, one housemate literally stabbed her boyfriend in the back...not a nice way to be woken up one morning I tell you! Anyway we visited that flatmate - hospitals are horrible, mental wards are worse).

Fuck it, it's her birthday on Monday, I am her mate - I'd want people to visit me if I was there...I'm going with another friend, so it's not like I'll be on my own in that place...we'll take her some cool pressies and see how she's doing...

No comments: