Monday, June 09, 2003

So, this weekend was fucking stupid. It started ok, Saturday morning telly, nice bath, getting ready to go out, when I suddenly realise that I don't have Darian's house details on me as I'd left them at work...so, I go to ring him but my phone still isn't working, therefore no numbers are forthcoming...*thinks* must have Darian's number somewhere. Proceed to place everything I own into the middle of my room looking for my telephone book. *thinks* fuck this, I'll ring Virgin and find out what's wrong with my phone. Turns out that although they do have equipment down in my area, it is my fault for having an old phone that is not automatically looking elsewhere for a reception (to be fair I would love a new phone but I barely have enough money for bills/food/life let alone £100 plus for a new bastard phone!!!). So it is now 5pm and I am in a very, very bad mood...all dressed up with nowhere to go...so I stay in and rearrange furniture....(always a good anti-stress tool!).

My best mate from school is also in London but what with my phone not working and me not having found my goddamn address book, I don't get to see her either...

Then on Sunday Jess falls through the door in the morning to find me cooking apple crumble (at 10am). She proceeds to call me "mum" for the rest of the day!

So we watch Candyman 2 and drink too much beer and have dinner cooked by the lovely Lorna (which Jess throws on the floor - oooppps!). Jess and I watch the Up In Smoke tour video (Eminem, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Snoop Doggy Dog) and surprisingly the other housemates leave the room...

To make my life worse - Jess, Lorna, Carla and Hels are going to Turkey this afternoon. For a week. Without me (due to lack of funds and the fact we have rehearsals starting next Monday...).

Aaarrrggghhhhh.

*sobs*

AND THEN a bill comes this morning threatening to cut off the electric. I ring to check that the payments had gone through. Mine hadn't. I thought that I was doing really well on the money front but now it turns out that I have £90 more than I should have in my account. Which means I have minus, minus, minus to live on till next pay day (which is only 2 1/2 weeks away). It's fine *hyperventilating* no, it's fine.


No comments: