Wednesday, June 18, 2003

All in all I had a fun weekend, although not all of it went to plan!

Richie and I met Harriette in the Retro Bar (and it turns out that Harriette and I have been friends for over 4 years, which is odd seeing as we met at a poetry gig - Patrick Jones (he of the famous Nick Wire MSP bro fame) and kinda just clicked, now we email and meet up ever so often esp. at Manics themed events!). We had a few bevies and then went onto Popstarz. Now, I haven't been to Popstarz in ages (I used to go a lot when I was just 18/19 - 7/8 years ago!!!) but I always enjoy it. People there are literally there for a good time but for some reason (possibly the Skin PA???) it seemed full of twats (this is an ongoing theme of mine - maybe it's just me getting old?). Anyway, we met Darian who I haven't seen in ages...Courtney and his/her crowd were there (and that last time I saw them it was at a second world was murder mystery dinner party - David looked tres different without his Nazi gear on!). So, we had lots of fun anyhow!

Lazy weekend was maximised by Courtney popping around for an hour or two (and staying for two days!). We watched The Others and drank wine and iced coffee and played trivia games on Saturday, and then Damaris came around on Sunday and joined in! Damaris and I tried to go to a mates gig on Sunday evening but missed the train and ended up staying in and watching MonkeyBone (with Brendan Frazer - ummmm!).

Monday at work was the first day of rehearsals for our new prod of Pericles so lots of back and forth from office to rehearsal space!

Tuesday morning I awoke to my ladies coming back from Turkey - hurrah! They had a lovely time and have come back very brown indeed (however, mine and Richies presents were left in Turkey - whoops!). There are no good clubs in Turkey so we're out tonight, possibly tomorrow and defiantly Friday (finances are tight but I'm we can get in free/tres cheap to the nights and vodka will only be a £1/£1.50 each...).

Here's to noisy housemates! The house feels extra lovely now the ladies are home!!!

No comments: