Monday, April 14, 2003

The White Stripes were amazing!!! We had managed to get tickets mid-week when they released extras. Jess, Ellie and I were taking Luce for a birthday surprise (she had guessed by the time we were getting near Brixton!). Jack and Meg were fantastic - Meg all in white looking tres cute-a-rama and Jack in the tightest trousers (which showed him to his best!), one side black, one red. Beautiful music, beautiful people - so sexy too. The passion with which they played infected the whole crowd. I truly found it the horniest gig that I have ever been to. And then when they played a cover of 'Isis' by Bob Dylan I almost died, I have literally fantasised about them playing that since I heard a version of 'One More Cup of Coffee' from the Desire album - and they did.

So, heading to Bedrock all hyped up and over excited - I ended up chatting to lovely gay couple re: Jack White's overly tight trousers and unmistakable hard dick (typical of me some would say!). We get to Bedrock and it's so packed you can't actually move - so I get 4 vodka and tonics at the bar and stand by the door with Jess complaining about "tourists in our club" (such wankers that we are!). I remember having a good time and not much more than that.

Ellie woke me up in the morning to see a video that she got out 'The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood' – it’s not a great film but in my hung over state I wept like a child through most of it!

I then watched ‘Thirteen Ghosts’ which was the crappest horror film I’ve seen in a long time! Then Cagney and Lacey was on! Oh dear god, trapped in an 80’s Saturday afternoon! Then I had the hottest loveliest bath and Lornie came home from the park and made me dinner. We then dressed up to go, drank white wine on the tube (classy, eh?), met Jessie at her work and drank possibly the foulest vodka on earth!

We met up with Carla to go to ‘Scope to see Little Chris and Herb DJ. I haven’t been to this club in years (apart from this New Year which was shit) so I was quite looking forward to it. It was, however, a pretty shit night all in all – I was in a foul mood due to not getting nearly enough attention from a certain young man…(although Jess did later cheer me up with an amusing rendition of ‘Seven Nation Army’ by the White Stripes – you fool!). We were drinking Bacardi Breezers, which for girls who are used to vodka and whiskey was a little boring. We took the piss out of a Liiiaaaamm (a special breed of feathercut boy, who lives/looks/acts like the twat Liam Gallagher) who was snogging random girls on the dance floor and then throwing them aside, all the while carrying a young lady around with him. Very amusing, he was literally doing Liiiaaaaammm impressions onstage at one point, with a tambourine mind, to The Stone Roses ‘I Wanna Be Adored’ – this was one of the funniest things that happened all evening – god help me!

Carla then went home to get a shag from her feathercut neighbour – bizarre. The rest of us went home and slept till 1pm the next day. We then proceeded to lay on our front room floor (bat cave or squat – depending on our mood!) with our duvets, the telly on and ate for the next 10 hrs. Lots of fun…not going to ‘Scope again though.

A lot of us mates have joined Nation States and our egos (or at least I know mine has) have gone haywire! Have a look at mine

I "got off" with a lovely young man last Friday who I have now had a text conversation with – I’ll keep y’all updated!

And finally, tonight I have ‘The Handmaids Tale’ at ENO with Damaris – should be fun (and means that we can pop into CafĂ© in the Crypt for something nice to eat – hurrah, hurrah!).

No comments: