Tuesday, April 29, 2003

So, another major gap between writing!

24th Thursday – Chris and Herb open Smash and Grab. Jess, Courtney and I spend hours getting ready (and drunk). Courtney gets into full drag – mini-skirt, fishnets, boots, boobs, etc. He looks amazing!

We meet up with Lorna and Helen and then go the club. Cameo’s is my home away from home…blue glitter walls, white leather sofas, fish tanks, piano theme bar, mirrors everywhere!!!

We danced all night and drank way too many whiskeys (only £1.50).

Jess ended up chatting to some guys who were down for a weekend who we tried to make come back to ours for Barcardi (the good looking one was up for it but got talked out of it by his mate). Chris waited with us for the nightbus while doing tres cute impressions of his nephew (arrrhhhh, bless ‘im).

Managed to get up for work the next day – although I felt awful until Jess rang and shouted “BEDROCK, BEDROCK, BEDROCK!!!” at me, when I suddenly livened up a little!

Darian came over to photograph some of the Cardboard Citizens actors on Friday during the day. It was lovely to see him but I had to rush off to the Michael Clark evening at the Barbican with Chris (S. Af.) – which was amazing, beautiful, moving, breathless, divine, funny – the man is a wonderful chorographer…wonderful (I have dreamed about seeing his work for so long and there I was with one of my favourite lovies, seeing Michael Clark!).

Met Lorna, Helen, and Jess again and went to the club. I was in weird mood – hungover, tired (only 2 hours sleep) and beside myself with period pains. Craving of vodka and wankers in the queue made me bark at Jess-ka (so she avoided me for most of the night – fair enough). One the way in one young man who we have named “Liiaamm” (think Liam with an over-excited American accent) pushed me out of the way to brush his shitty monkey lover hair cut out into a feathercut – TWAT!!!

Downed a few vodka and cranberry’s later and suddenly stopped yawning, felt better and started dancing.

Later, a man who kept nicking Jess’ hat, did it once too often so Jess pushed him, no reaction, Lorna pushed him, no reaction, I pushed him and he fell for ages – hurrah!

Saturday night I met Jess after her concert, had a few drinks then met Lorna and Carla to go to After Skool – kinda evil ‘cos it ain’t Chris’ club! Spent some time in the bar looking at feathers and being very loud and taking about wanking…until I cracked at 2pm and demanded some dancing…great up until the last moment when I went to get our bags and one girl refused to give me Jess’ bags saying “but there’s only one, there’s only one” over and over again – sent me into a rage (again – DOH!). But basically this girl had told Jess that there was no problem with her loosing her ticket and that she’s keep the bag back but she hadn’t. The bag had pretty much everything in it, so Jess was in a major rage. So major, that we ended up speaking to the manager (JIM FAGAN!) for ages and refusing to move…then Big Mac (Chris’ promoter) turned up and called us “traitors!” for going to After Skool instead of ‘Scope. In the end we left, got asked to go to Liverpool by a very attractive young man (umm, we didn’t go), got involved in a fight between two gangs of boys (some of whom were very beautiful indeed…), and managed to get the nightbus home.

Sunday we crashed in front of the telly and Lucer cooked us roast dinner – hurrah, hurrah.

No comments: