Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Twin Peaks and 5lbs

General aside: I lost 5lbs last week!

Due to Lucy's purchase from eBay of the TV show Twin Peaks in its entirety we have begun Twin Peaks nights at the Arther's. Rats descended after the babies had been put to sleep and after a general mates catch up we begin with episode 2 (the first season starts with episode 2 due to a pilot) and we remembered almost everything about the shows - we jumped when Bob appeared, I'm physically scared when wife beating Leo Johnson walks onto screen and swoon when Agent Dale Cooper states that he's served a good cherry pie and a "damn fine cup of coffee". I was transported back to 1991, being 14/5 years old and obsessed with this show. I used to sit next a girl in English class who seriously had the hots for 'Coop' and we discussed each episode in great detail following each showing. We shared a copy of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, which we also discussed in great detail. I remember at the time some people were saying how unbelievable the whole thing was but I think for teenage girls it totally rang true with everything we were going through at the time. Sex, drugs, despair and magick were constantly by my side and my good and evil side had a bloody battle every day*. Duality is part of how we grow into adulthood, how we make our choices, by exploring each side of ourselves we find the balance that we need to progress...good god, I love Twin Peaks.

*these things are still with me but to a lesser extent!

No comments: