Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ideas Summit

I went to an ISAN meeting last week in Liverpool. I used to work for the company and the meeting was inspiring because there were a number of projects that I was involved with in development moving forward at a fantastic rate.

I was also able to take part in the Ideas Summit as an attendee rather than a member of staff. The Ideas Summit allows artists and companies to present ideas to producers and promoters. The ideas can be literally at the embryonic stage through to a ready to book show. There were passionate, exciting ideas and I only wish I was in the position to book them there and then.

Certainly got me thinking about the projects that I'd like to be involved with. Joe and I moved down to Exeter with the idea that we'd have time and space to put on our own events but as yet haven't had the motivation. I wrote a list of projects down when I returned and requested a meeting with a lady who may be able to help.

No comments: