Monday, January 14, 2008

Life...

Life in the recent months has been played out at extremes. The ups and downs are roller coaster like and I have an almost constant about to *vomit in my hand* feeling.

Downs
  • My mum has terminal cancer. There are no words I can use to explain how I feel. I do hate the word terminal...
  • I've had a miscarriage. Yes, they are common. Yes, it was a "silly" time to get pregnant. It doesn't stop the doom laden thoughts about a future of miscarriages and an inability to have children.
  • The weather. The cold, driving rain. Great when you have a warm, cosy home and hot chocolate to get back to.
  • The lack of heating in our rented flat. It is beautiful but goddamn it's cold.
  • The lack of a decent shower. Mornings are good when you wake up with a hot, enlivening shower. The shower dribbles and is scorching or freezing. I hate it. It is evil.
Ups
  • A lovely new job with lovely people. 3 days a week so I have time for the freelance stuff too.
  • We've bought a house on the same road as Lornie and Will. A 4 bedroom Edwardian end of terrace that we can (hopefully) grow a family in. It has a good sized garden and there are plans afoot for vegetables a plenty. Fingers crossed we should have the keys by February.
  • Egypt cruise (Nile and then El Gouna) booked for December '08.

No comments: