Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Post-Reading

Highlights
  • Catching up with my lovely mates.
  • Making some lovely new friends.
  • Gossip - boy, does Beth Ditto rock. That voice is just breathtaking.
  • Watching Interpol with Jess in fold out seats, a couple of cans each and rubbing our thighs intermittently.
  • Discussing in great detail the merits of various bass players.
  • Shiny Toy Guns rocking out mid-afternoon.
  • Carla going AWOL after dragging a punter away from the stall into the dark of the campsite and then returning some time later having named all their planned children.
  • "Angry Mob" dancing outside our stall and going insane when we played something they didn't like.
  • NIN, a fucking brilliant set. A semi mystical/semi erotic experience.
  • Smashing Pumpkins were amazing too. Billy's growling voice gives me goose bumps.
  • Turtle being accused of being in the Kaiser Chiefs followed quickly with Az being asked if he was from YMCA.
  • Late night hot chocolate.
Lowlights
  • Being so hungover on Friday morning that I had to be put into Jess and Turtle's tent for kip before starting work. Thanks guys and thank you to Kat for the life saving egg bap!
  • Salvation Army complaining about the level of noise from our stereo. Next time I see them playing in a town centre I will have to complain about them...
  • Sunburn.
All in all a great weekend. However, I think that it is undoubtedly time to pass the baton onto the young 'uns. There is no way that I can work as a trader at a festival again - it's too tiring and I just can't drink/drug like I used to...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't drink like you used to? Great - you are now a cheap date, come for dinner soon!

The Fairy Uncle