Friday, September 24, 2004

I know, I know...but this time I have a really good excuse for not updating!

We may be homeless by the end of next week (due to landlord putting house up for sale, us putting in our notice, a huge fire next door that smoke damaged our house, landlord taking house off market and immediately renting out to other people with a huge rent increase, us not being able to afford anywhere at the moment due to silly students paying well over the odds....blah, blah, blah...).

We've been seeing lots of awful, overpriced properties but the one that topped the cake recently was on where Jess actually put her foot through the rotting floorboards, they wanted £360 a week...

So, before all of this happened I was having a relaxing holiday in Spain. Well, it didn't start as relaxing...I'm terrified of flying so I'd taken some of Lornie's
diazepam. My panic was only slightly held under control by the fuzziness of the pills...I was distracted on the plane by a lovely woman who gave me and Jessica scones and sweets. Which made us very happy!

2hrs later we're in the heat of Spain waiting for Lornie and Carla to pick us up...I hastily change into my flip-flops...they arrive, we drive to the Villa. My first time in Spain, I look out of the car at the arid, brown, landscape. The mountains are fantastic. We eat and then swim in the pool at dusk, and to bed to prepare for the following week.

Most memorial things from the holiday:

Geckos join us...wherever we are.

The wild waves at Javier/Xavier beach, we swim out to a slide in sea and dive deep into the water.

I turn a beautiful brown...

The ladies being kicked off the karaoke (Champagne Supernova doesn't only have one chorus!)

Ice-cream shop in Moraira (pine nut ice-cream and fig ice-cream, I LOVE you!)

Saxo's nightclub (note to self: when drunk don't go to nightclubs where English people that you dislike at home are getting drunk and trying to fuck each other, also avoid expensive drinks and the bull fighting video footage...)

Reading Chit Lit (it's really like a drug, you know it's wrong but you can't stop...there should be meetings for this sort of thing!)

Getting to know Ms. Parr better, you fucking rock!

In fact, you all fucking rock - I had a brilliant time! Let's book next year now (well, as soon as we've got a house sorted out anyway..)


No comments: