Friday, September 05, 2003

Today went to the local library in Whitechapel to get some books. Most of which came from the non-fiction section, it's been over a year since I left uni and I am on a major "I'm not learning anything anymore" vibe therefore I needed an injection of knowledge...this recent information overload did lead to me annoying Lornie in the library by explaining who funded the building of the library, gallery next door and the hall around the corner (Rev Samuel Barnett who claimed that "the principle of our work is that we aim at decreasing not suffering but sin"!). I also informed her that the mosque on Brick Lane was orginally a Huguenot (the first 'refugees' in the UK...from France) church in 1743, then a Wesleyan chapel in 1809, a synagogue in 1809 and has only been a mosque since 1976...interesting...way to bore your friends Boudicca...

No comments: